Friday, November 20, 2009

I love anaesthetics :)

I got to put a patient under GA today, under close supervision of course and just followed all the instructions the consultant was giving hehe. Armed with propofol, i am happy! Still trying to better the BVM with one hand technique. Ohh i love hands on stuff :) But sometimes i feel bad cause i take so much time.. like the anaesthetist can probably cannulate someone in 5 s i take a few minutes looking and then making sure before going for the vein etc.

Pain is such a subjective thing. When people are just about to go for surgery, the pain from cannulation is nothing to them, in fact they don't even care/flinch one bit. It's weird though cause in the A&E when you try cannulating you get grown man shouting and cursing at you etc.. haha I guess when you're about to have your op you're a lot more anxious about other stuff than a silly needle.. Which actually goes to show that a lot of the pain we perceive is psychological..

On wednesday, my computer and printer both died. It was so irritating i had to call both helplines and get it fixed. BUT by the evening, my printer died AGAIN (somehow mac does not support it well i think) so i tried everything and i just couldn't sleep thinking of ways to fix it.. i feel so disabled without my printer. I am literally well and truly frustrated. I will call them tomorrow morning and hopefully get it fixed and sorted this time round. Sighs. If not i will pull all my hair out soon.. for three hours last night i kept trying everything i could think of, read every online discussion about the printer n snow leopard i could think of.. blehs. Maybe installing snow leopard wasn't such a good thing after all... HOWWWWWW the wait till the morning is agonizing. Sometimes i wish i had better IT trouble shooting skills. Sighs. I just tried re-installing my snow leopard.. but it still doesn't seem to work.. save me!

No comments: